Since 1982, our firm has developed the experience and demonstrated the commitment it takes to produce exceptional results.
CMM Realty offers full-service property management and leasing for both residential and commercial properties throughout South Carolina. Our portfolio of properties includes the following: single-family homes, residential condominium high-rises, townhouses, shopping centers, and office buildings. We also offer management services for homeowner associations. Our success has come from implementing tried and true management policies and procedures that provide our owners with the greatest possible revenues while minimizing expenses. Our approach is simple: manage the properties as if we owned it ourselves.
CMM Realty works closely with our clients to provide comprehensive property management services, to reduce expenses, and to increase tenant/resident retention. Our property managers and leasing agents have the technology, tools, and training that allow them to excel in the management and leasing services.
If you are seeking excellent results, let the CMM Realty team go to work for you. To better understand our services for your specific property choose between Residential Management, Commercial Management, or HOA Management in the sections below.
To put our services to work for you, please email our Property Manager or give us a call at 803-779-1844.
USC Board of Trustees, 6TH Judicial Circuit
I have had a business relationship with Mike Munson and staff at CMM Realty in Columbia, SC for more than 10 years by way of units I own, which are managed by them. As a business owner, I can personally attest to their professional and ethical nature in their business operations as well as their relationships with their clients. CMM has long term stability in their staff and performance of the company in varied economic conditions. I would not hesitate to recommend Mike Munson and CMM Realty if someone has a need for their services.
CMM Realty has been professionally managing residential properties since 1982.
We pride ourselves on being highly competitive in this market and our proven track record has rewarded us with success and client referrals for many years. Our goal with each property is to maximize financial performance and to enhance the value of our clients’ properties.
CMM Realty relies on a proactive approach to management and leasing. We create a specific business plan for each property and tailor a marketing program to enhance the image and appeal of the property. We provide our management staff with in-house training on leasing skills, and our time-tested policies and procedures are a blueprint for excellence. Also, we use technology that streamlines maintenance requests and helps raise our efforts to a new level.
Our residential property management and leasing service include:
- Move-In / Move-Out Inspections
- Documentation and Lease Procurement
- Application Approval Process
- Personal Showings
- Marketing and Contract Advertising
- Collection of Rent and Fees
- Repairs and Maintenance Oversight
- Disbursement of Funds
- Monthly Financial Reporting
- 24/7 Emergency Response
To put CMM Realty to work for you, please email our Property Manager or give us a call at 803-779-1844.
Dr. Nezar A. Arabi
I first met Mike in 1989 and since then CMM Realty has managed my real estate investment portfolio in South Carolina consisting of 3 retail shopping centers (205,000 square feet) and 55 residential condominium units. Mike also developed 3 office buildings for me that included all phases of development, leasing, and property management. CMM Realty’s attention to details and cost saving ideas has been invaluable to my portfolio’s success. Over these 25+ years, I have come to know firsthand the trust and personal attention that Mike and his team convey every day of our valued relationship.
CMM Realty seeks to understand our property owner’s objectives and to establish a management plan that strikes a balance between cash flow and asset appreciation, and that will meet the established objective.
Once CMM Realty has been given a property management assignment, our staff will perform property inspections to assess the property condition and, if appropriate, make recommendations to improve the condition, reliability, or efficiency of property components and systems. We believe that a high standard of maintenance and preventive maintenance enhances the long-term value of the property.
Our property management / accounting software allows us to provide clients with real-time, up-to-date reports on vacancy, lease expiration, rent roll, rent increases, delinquency, receivables, payables, budgeting expenses, and budget comparison to actual. We deliver accurate and timely reports so that our clients are always informed.
CMM Realty is a full-service organization that provides in-house expertise and an unmatched depth of experience for virtually any management, marketing, leasing, or development issue that may arise. We are seasoned property managers capable of complying quickly with the specific requests and the changing needs of our clients.
To put our services to work for you, please contact our Property Manager or give us a call at 803-779-1844.
Robert T. Lyles
Chairman, Stevens & Wilkinson
I have known and worked with Mike since 1985 when Stevens & Wilkinson won a design award for The Wilshire House at 1100 Wheat Street. With Mike as the developer, I saw firsthand the quality, the permanence and long term costs and saving implemented by CMM Realty’s management. I have also seen his commitment to excellence and awareness of the value to his customers as Managing Agent for The Heritage’s Homeowners Association at 1829 Senate Street since 1994. My wife, Sally, and I both are pleased to be associated with Mike and the team at CMM Realty.
CMM Realty has been professionally managing homeowner associations since 1986. We strive to provide the most professional, accurate, and efficient property management services available. CMM Realty has a company-wide commitment to maximizing long-term appreciation for our owners.
CMM Realty is hired by and reports to the Board of Directors and assists them in the effective management of the associations. Our primary goal with association management is to help ensure a safe, secure, and clean community for all residents, and to provide ideas and solutions that will promote and improve property values. Our approach to association management is to provide property value enhancing management services, coupled with experience, to control expenses.
- Organize annual and special meetings for owners and for the Board of Directors to include the preparation of notices, agendas and other necessary documents.
- Guide and assist members of the Board of Directors in the performance of their obligations.
- Guide and assist associations in the development of policies and procedures.
- Advise and assist in the administration of the provisions of governing documents.
- Keep all records of the affairs of associations, including the declaration, articles of incorporation, bylaws, resolutions, rules and regulations, policies, minutes of meetings, and copies of contracts.
- Maintain registers of owners, officers and directors, and such other registers or schedules as required by the governing documents.
- Attend to all necessary correspondence on behalf of associations.
- Resolve individual owner requests as they pertain to the administration of associations, its common elements, and governing “Rules and Regulations.”
- Administer associations’ insurance portfolio including the filing of all claims.
- Assist associations in the preparation of an annual budget. The budget is generally based on prior operating expenditures, estimated future expenses, and required capital replacement reserves.Account for assessments and all other charges due by the owners.
- Maintain checking, savings, and other banking accounts in the name of associations.
- Bank accounts will be maintained separately from all other accounts of CMM Realty.
- Notify owners of any delinquency and take reasonable action for the collection of the delinquent assessments.
- Make all disbursements from assessments collected for normal recurring expenses as provided in the budget and as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Furnish monthly and year-end financial reports prepared on a cash basis, which include all income and expenses and reflect the net cash position.
- Assist in the annual audit of associations.
- Communicate with property owners to understand their issues and find appropriate solutions.
- Issue work orders and monitor contractor performance to ensure that work has been completed in a timely manner and with satisfactory workmanship.
- Issue notices of violations of rules and regulations.
- Prepare, copy, print, and mail written communications.
- Prepare and mail welcome information to new owners.
- Administer clubhouse, party room, pool, and other schedules.